Instructions and Download
Download the Netglub client - We packaged the client binaries for Microsoft Windows 7 64bit, you can download them here.
For other systems, the source is available here.
- Connect to our server - Open the Netglub client (double click netglub.exe on Windows), enter the following data and click Ok:
We suggest unchecking "Remember settings" due to a bug in Netglub client. In case you enter the wrong data, Netglub client will still remember it and get stuck trying to connect every time it runs, while resetting it isn't trivial.
- Serial: 2222-4567-89ab-cdef
- URL: https://netglub.lss.hr:8080/RPC2
- Search using some starting phrase(s) - An example scenario for searching is described step by step:
Now all the entities (nodes in the graph) are scaled depending on the number of input edges. For example this makes nodes representing authors who wrote more articles or books larger compared to those who wrote less.
- Click File -> New
- Drag and drop one or more Phrase entities from the left part of the windows ("Palette") to the empty graph in the center
- Select all phrases, right click them and select "Academic Research - step 1" -> "To Similar Phrases [W]"
- Remove all the irrelevant phrases by selecting them and clicking delete on your keyboard (see Image 1)
- Select all phrases, right click them and select "Academic Research - step 2" followed by a transform you want to run (see Image 2)
- Repeat until you've ran all the transforms you want, you can run them all in one step by clicking "Apply all transforms".
- Select all books and articles, right click them and select "Academic Research - step 2" -> "To Person"
- Select "Edge-weighted view" in the upper left part of the window (see Image 3)
Image 1. Search phrases
Image 2. Selecting all nodes
Image 3. Edge-weighted view